With earthy colours as a fashion trend for Autumn 2012, the red and gold sit nicely in that trend and macrame is a fashionable technique at the moment for making jewellery.
Elastic cord, large hole beads, 2 metal plates with 3 holes and scissors.
Again, I used Micro Macrame Jewellery by Suzen Millodot published by Search Press
The top three images create the square knot.
Here are my instructions as well!
1. Cut 4 long lengths of elastic cord and tie onto plates.
2. To start the square knot take the right hand strand over the top of the middle two strands and under the left hand strand.
3. Now, take the left hand strand under the middle two strands and through the loop left by the right hand strand.
4. Pull tight-ish!
5. Take the right hand strand under the middle two strands and over the left hand strand.
6. Now take the left hand strand over the middle two strands and through the loop left by the right hand strand.
7. Pull tight. Keep repeating the process until…